Equipment and Capabilities
Block Steel is Best Equipped To Serve You Better!
Block Steel’s 165,000 square foot service center contains the most advanced steel processing technology. This equipment, coupled with experienced personnel and an extensive inventory, allows us to meet your most demanding quality and delivery requirements.
Our most recent advancement, a precision cut-to-length multi-cut blanking line achieves the tightest tolerances and blanking capabilities. This 60″ multi-cut blanking and leveling line is equipped with multi-roll shape correction levelers to greatly improve flatness and minimize burr.
Our 50,000 lb. 72″ slitter also has multi-roll shape correction levelers to ensure the highest quality finished product.
- Synchro-wind tensioning device guarantees larger P.I.W. slit coils that are tight and evenly wound.
- Multi-roll shape correction leveler provides flatness better than mill standards!
- Computer controlled X-ray gauge insures thickness will be within ordered tolerances.
- Shimless tooling provides closer and exact width tolerances.
- Visual inspection station with upper/lower mirrors and lights helps assure quality.
- Minimized burr and camber.
Multi-Cut Blanking Line
Block Steel’s cut-to-length Multi-Cut Blanking Line produces the highest quality blanks cut to the exact width, length, and squareness required. Proven quality that can’t be beat!
Blanking Line Capacity
.012-.120 x 60″ wide.
Shape Correction Leveler
Five High, 19 roll,
to improve flatness.
Has edge trim capability
and produces blanks
width and length tolerances.
scratches and dents
on the most surface critical exposed applications.